In order to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for those visiting the locations listed, we have created these guidelines for submissions. We also want to keep the information focused. Therefore, we ask that those who submit links back to their own content only link to additional information about the campsite.
Our focus is on public lands. You own these lands and you are entitled to use them. Most of the location listed are on Forest Service land, BLM (Bureau of Land Management) areas, WMA’s (Wildlife Management Areas) and county or city parks. We hope you enjoy the same style of camping.
We are not actively seeking overnight RV parking locations and will not be adding very many of these. There are enough Wal-Mart and truck stop directories out there already. However, if a member of the community finds one of these locations to be useful for overnight RV parking and creates an entry, we may approve the listing.
- It must cost $12 or less dollars a night. Or have a long term pass that is a great deal, ie. $25 for 14 days.
- Anyone of any age group must be able to stay there for that price. Campsites that require you to be a certain age, military status or member of a discriminating group will not be listed.
- It must be legal. There should not be any codes nor signage prohibiting it. Private property is allowed if the owner has given permission.
Please do not add sketchy locations. Adding locations that are not legal or questionable only sets those who come after you up for a knock on the window, a fine, or worse.
If your campsite is too expensive, your work wasn’t deleted. We have filed it away in case that someday in the future it does meet our requirements. At that time, it will be displayed.
- Please limit your comments to actual reviews of the campsite.
- Please refrain from the use of profanity.
- Do not attack or disparage others, your comments will simply be deleted.
- The link must be to a specific post, not to the main page of a blog.
- The post must be about the campsite. It may also contain information about the immediate area and nearby attractions.
- The post should be yours. Do not add links to others posts without their permission.
- Videos must focus on the campsite and camping area. This should be the bulk of your video content.
- Videos may contain footage of the immediate area and nearby attractions.
- Videos must be concise and relevant. We recommend 2-3 minutes; anything above 5 minutes may be deleted by the moderation team without viewing.
We understand that many video contributors run their own channels and hope to reach a larger audience. Our own goal is to provide high quality campsite information – to an increasingly mobile audience. We hope that these guidelines will help us reach a balance that provides excellent information to the most viewers while still allowing contributors to promote their own channels.